Once you've added new members to your team, our Fall 2013 Campaign Kit will help you take action this semester. Your chapter can also use the Activism 101: SGAC's Guide to Effective Political Action kit to gain the skills and tools you need to make the fall semester a success.
- Stay tuned for an updated chapter starting guide!
- Fundraising 101 - A guide from the New School Queerocracy (an SGAC affiliate) on how to raise thousands of dollars to support your great ideas.
And some tools from our friends at Health GAP:
- Birddogging 101 - How to ask candidates for elected office good questions, and get real answers
- Appropriations Timeline - Want to know how the US government decides where and how money is spent? Start here.
- How does money get spent? - More on how the US spends money. This time, a doc on the difference between an authorizing bill and an appropriations bill.
- The Global AIDS Funding Crisis, in a fact sheet - good for handing out to people who want to know more.
Here are a couple awesome videos you could show at chapter meetings or info sessions:
- Who is SGAC? - Hear from SGACers about what they love about the organization and the movement to end AIDS
- Sound the Call - A video by an SGACer about the campaign to get Obama to keep his promise to fund global AIDS, with quotes from Paul Farmer
- Taking it to the Streets - See what the campaign to get Obama to keep his promise has looked like
- It Doesn't Have to Be This Way - AIDS101, and why YOU should join the fight against AIDS